[Python-Dev] FW: test_largefile cause kernel panic in Mac OS X DP4

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 08:28:21 -0700

Tim (or anyone with python-list logs), can you forward this to Sachin (who
reported the bug).

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 03:24:35AM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:

> [...]

I added this test module. It would be nice to have a little bit more
information seeing as I have never played on a Mac (OS X acts like BSD under
the hood, right?)

1. Can you tell me, Sachin, *where* in test_largefile it is failing? The file
   is python/dist/src/Lib/test/test_largefile.py. Try running it directly:
   > python Lib/test/test_largefile.py
2. If it dies before it produces any output can you tell me if it died on
   line 18:
      f.seek(2147483649L)
   which, I suppose is possible. Maybe this is not a good way to determine if
   the system has largefile support.

Jeremy, Tim, Guido,
As with the NetBSD compile bug. I won't have time to fix this by the freeze
today unless it is I get info from the people who encountered these bugs and
it is *really* easy to fix.

Trent

--
Trent Mick