[Python-Dev] sre and regexp behave baldy under lowmemory conditions

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 23:35:38 +0200

Both regexp and sre don't behave well under low-memory conditions.

I noticed this because test_longexp basically ate all my memory (sigh,
I think I'll finally have to give up my private memory allocator and
take the 15% performance hit, until I find the time to dig into
Vladimir's stuff) so the rest of the regressions tests ran under very
tight memory conditions.

test_re wasn't so bad, the only problem was that it crashed with a
"NULL return without an exception". test_regexp was worse, it crashed
my machine.

If someone feels the urge maybe they could run the testsuite on unix
with a sufficiently low memory-limit.
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++