[Python-Dev] Pending patches for 2.0

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 03:49:33 -0400

[Thomas Wouters, needs a well-earned vacation!]
> and if those decisions are made before, say, August 30th, I think
> I can move them into the CVS tree before leaving and just shove
> the responsibility for them on the entire dev team ;)
>
> This isn't a push to get them accepted ! Just a warning that if
> they aren't accepted before then, someone will have to take over
> the breastfeeding ;)

Guido will be back from his travels next week, and PythonLabs will have an
intense 2.0 release meeting on Tuesday or Wednesday (depending also on
exactly when Jeremy gets back).  I expect all go/nogo decisions will be made
then.  Part of deciding on a patch that isn't fully complete is deciding
whether others can take up the slack in time.  That's just normal release
business as usual -- nothing to worry about.  Well, not for *you*, anyway.

BTW, there's a trick few have learned:  get the doc patches in *first*, and
then we look like idiots if we release without code to implement it.  And
since this trick has hardly ever been tried, I bet you can sneak it by Fred
Drake for at least a year before anyone at PythonLabs catches on to it <0.9
wink>.

my-mouth-is-sealed-ly y'rs  - tim