[Python-Dev] Re: [Patches] [Patch #101175] Fix slight bug in the Ref manual docs on listcomprehensions

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Greg Ewing wrote:
> > [x if 6] should not be a legal expression but the grammar allows it today.
>
> Why shouldn't it be legal?
[...]
> Excluding it will make both the implementation and documentation
> more complicated, with no benefit that I can see.

I don't have a strong opinion on this either way, but i can state
pretty confidently that the change would be tiny and simple: just
replace "list_iter" in the listmaker production with "list_for",
and you are done.

-- ?!ng

"I'm not trying not to answer the question; i'm just not answering it."
    -- Lenore Snell