[Python-Dev] Feature freeze!

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:08:44 +0200 (CEST)

Tim Peters wrote:

> The 2.0 release manager (Jeremy) is on vacation.  In his absence, here's a
> reminder from the 2.0 release schedule:
>
>     Aug. 14: All 2.0 PEPs finished / feature freeze
>
> See the rest at:
>
>     http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0200.html
>
> Note that that's Monday!  Any new "new feature" patches submitted after
> Sunday will be mindlessly assigned Postponed status.  New "new feature"
> patches submitted after this instant but before Monday will almost certainly
> be assigned Postponed status too -- just not *entirely* mindlessly <wink>.
> "Sunday" and "Monday" are defined by wherever Guido happens to be.  "This
> instant" is defined by me, and probably refers to some time in the past from
> your POV; it's negotiable.

This reminder comes JIT!

Then please make coincide the above dates/instants with the status of
the open patches and take a stance on them: assign them to people, postpone,
whatever.

I deliberately postponed my object malloc patch.

PS: this is also JIT as per the stackless discussion -- I mentioned
"consider for inclusion" which was interpreted as "inclusion for 2.0"
<frown>. God knows that I tried to be very careful when writing my
position statement... OTOH, there's still a valid deadline for 2.0!

PPS: is the pep-0200.html referenced above up to date? For instance,
I see it mentions SET_LINENO pointing to old references, while a newer
postponed patch is at SourceForge.

A "last modified <date>" stamp would be nice.

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr