[Python-Dev] Stackless Python - Pros and Cons

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:53:15 +0200 (CEST)

Gordon McMillan wrote:

> > What's the problem about formalizing this in a PEP and addressing
> > the controversial issues + explaining how they are dealt with?
>
> That's sort of what I was asking. As far as I can tell, what's
> controversial is "continuations". That's not in scope. I would
> like to know what controversial issues there are that *are* in
> scope.

Here's the context that might help you figure out what I'd
like to see in this PEP. I haven't been at the last conference, I
have read the source and the essay as of years ago and have no idea
that the most up to date thing is the implementation, which I refuse
to look at again, btw, without a clear summary of what this code does,
refreshing my memory on the whole subject.

I'd like to see an overview of the changes, their expected impact on
the core, the extensions, and whatever else you judge worthy to write
about.

I'd like to see a summary of the reactions that have been emitted and
what issues are non-issues for you, and which ones are. I'd like to see
a first draft giving me a horizontal view on the subject in its entirety.
Code examples are welcome, too. I can then start thinking about it
in a more structured way on this basis. I don't have such a basis right
now, because there's no an up to date document in plain English that
allows me to do that. And without such a document, I won't do it.

it's-simple-<wink>'ly y'rs
--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr