[Python-Dev] Cookies.py in the core (was Tangent to Re: [Tutor] CGI and Python (fwd))

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 21:26:48 -0700

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 12:11:59AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> I don't know, however I have a version of the file with essentially no
> license on it:

That implies "no license" which means "no rights to redistribute, use, or
whatever." Very incompatible :-)

> Is that better or worse? <wink>.  Back in '98, I actually asked him to
> send me an LGPL'd copy because that worked better for Mailman.  We
> could start with Tim's pre-LGPL'd version and backport the minor mods
> I've made.

Wouldn't help. We need a relicensed version, to use the LGPL'd version, or
to rebuild it from scratch.

> BTW, I've recently tried to contact Tim, but the address in the file
> bounces.

I just sent mail to Andrew Smith who has been working with Tim for several
years on various projects (RSVP, RAP, etc). Hopefully, he has a current
email address for Tim. I'll report back when I hear something from Andrew.
Of course, if somebody else can track him down faster...

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/