[Python-Dev] CVS feature wish ? :)

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 09:02:00 -0500

> > My fix to the URL accidentally also switched back to the "pre" module.
> > Undo that!
>
> This kind of thing is one of the reasons I wish 'cvs commit' would give you
> the entire patch you're about to commit in the log-message-edit screen, as
> CVS: comments, rather than just the modified files. It would also help with
> remembering what the patch was supposed to do ;) Is this possible with CVS,
> other than an 'EDITOR' that does this for you ?

Actually, I have made it a habit to *always* do a cvs diff before I
commit, for exactly this reason.  That's why this doesn't happen more
often.  In this case I specifically remember reviewing the diff and
thinking that it was alright, but not scrolling towards the second
half of the diff. :(

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)