[Python-Dev] SET_LINENO and python options

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:53:36 +0200 (CEST)

Skip Montanaro wrote:

> Isn't that what the code object's co_lnotab is for?  I thought the idea was
> to dispense with SET_LINENO altogether and just compute line numbers using
> co_lnotab on those rare occasions (debugging, tracebacks, etc) when you
> needed them.

Don't worry about it anymore. It's all in Postponed patch #101022 at SF.
It makes the current "-O" the default (and uses co_lnotab), and reverts
back to the current default with "-d".

I give myself a break on this. You guys need to test it now and report
some feedback and impressions. If only to help Guido making up his mind
and give him a chance to pronounce on it <wink>.

[?!ng]
> Anyway, i suppose this is all rather moot now that Vladimir has a
> clever scheme for tracing even without SET_LINENO.  Go Vladimir!
> Your last proposal sounded great.

Which one? They are all the latest <wink>.
See also the log msg of the latest tiny patch update at SF.

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr