[Python-Dev] Re: marking shared-ness

Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:38:08 -0500 (CDT)

    >> http://www.cs.yale.edu/Linda/linda.html

    Chris> Many broken links. The most activity appears to have stopped
    Chris> around 94/95, the project looks kinda dead. But this doesn't mean
    Chris> that we cannot learn from them.

Yes, I think Linda mostly lurks under the covers these days.  Their Piranha
project, which aims to soak up spare CPU cycles to do parallel computing,
uses Linda.  I suspect Linda is probably hidden somewhere inside Lifestreams
as well.

As a correction to my original note, Nicholas Carriero was the other primary
lead on Linda.  I no longer recall the details, but he may have been on of
Gelernter's grad students in the late 80's.

Skip