[Python-Dev] Re: marking shared-ness

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 16:23:56 +0200

Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Chris> I think, instead of shared globals, it would make more sense to
>     Chris> have some explicit shared resource pool, which controls every
>     Chris> access via mutexes/semas/whateverweneed.
>
> Tuple space, anyone?  Check out
>
>     http://www.snurgle.org/~pybrenda/

Very interesting, indeed.

> It's a Linda implementation for Python.  Linda was developed at Yale by
> David Gelernter.  Unfortunately, he's better known to the general public as
> being one of the Unabomber's targets.  You can find out more about Linda at
>
>     http://www.cs.yale.edu/Linda/linda.html

Many broken links. The most activity appears to have stopped
around 94/95, the project looks kinda dead. But this doesn't
mean that we cannot learn from them.

Will think more when the starship problem is over...

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>