[Python-Dev] Python 1.6 status

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:31:27 -0500

[Guido]
> I'm hoping for several kind of responses to this email:
> - requests for checkin privileges, preferably with a specific issue
> or area of expertise for which the requestor will take responsibility.

I'm specifically requesting not to have checkin privileges.  So there.

I see two problems:

1. When patches go thru you, you at least eyeball them.  This catches bugs
and design errors early.

2. For a multi-platform app, few people have adequate resources for testing;
e.g., I can test under an obsolete version of Win95, and NT if I have to,
but that's it.  You may not actually do better testing than that, but having
patches go thru you allows me the comfort of believing you do <wink>.