[Python-Dev] distutils-sig/python-dev crosstalk

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:18:50 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Greg Ward wrote:
> If you think that the two are inextricably linked and I might as well
> just cross-post everything on distutils-sig to python-dev, let me know
> about that too.  ;-)

:-)  I think distutils is about the mechanics. And it is a large and
sophisticated problem (which why it has a SIG :-). You could almost view
it as a spinoff of the python-dev grand problem set.

When we get into the question of "what does Python ship with?", then I
think it belongs in python-dev, as that is a discussion of what
constitutes Python itself.

Cheers,
-g

--