[Python-Dev] Batteries Included?

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:55:16 -0500

Guido van Rossum [guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US] wrote:
> I think it may be time for separate Python distributions, like Linux
> -- I can concentrate on the core, and keep it really small; others can
> make all-encompassing distributions.

My fear is what we face in the Zope world---different distributions break
in totally diffrent ways, and sometimes we have to ask 30 questions to figure
out what might be going wrong :/  The nice thing is hat if someone installes
Python from the source, we know what's going to happen.  I don't know if
this is solvable, honestly.

> This isn't rocket science.  Red Hat Python?  I'm all for it! :-)

I think Guido just wants to IPO and retire :-)

Chris