[Python-Dev] posix module

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:47:01 -0500 (EST)

  Ok, I think I'm done with the posix module updates, modulo bugs and
additional symbols for the *conf*() tables.  That leaves us with the
following status for interfaces that Andrew brought up in the message
that started this spate of additions:

Worth adding?
=============
opendir(), readdir(), closedir() -- not added
           The only thing these give us that os.listdir() doesn't is
           the inode numbers.  Unless someone actually wants those,
           it's not worth having.

Worth adding:
=============

abort() -- added

ctermid(), ctermid_r() -- added

fpathconf(fd, name) -- added

getlogin() -- added

getgroups(gidsetsize, grouplist) -- added

pathconf(path, name) -- added

sysconf(int name) -- added; also added confstr(int name)

Not worth adding:
clearerr() -- not added

cuserid() -- not added

difftime -- not added

tmpfile(), tmpnam() -- added, also tempnam()

mblen(), mbstowcs(), mbtowc(), wcstombs(),  wctomb() -- not added

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>