[Python-Dev] Linux Journal confirms evil rumor

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:37:44 -0500 (EST)

James C. Ahlstrom writes:
 > Oh no!  Could it be true?  I heard rumors but I refused to
 > believe them until now.  The glasses are gone!  Guido now
 > looks like an investment banker!  The sky is falling!

  I'm afraid this non-distinctive look was introduced at IPC7... it's
too bad we can't tell people Python was invented by the guy with the
glasses anymore.

 > Next will probably be a Python 1.6 as a 27 Meg DLL, and
 > a Python IPO.  Well, maybe not.  Now that I look more
 > closely, he is wearing a black and white and mustard
 > (??MUSTARD) T-shirt which says "You Need Python".

  It's really the blue & white & orange IPC7 shirt.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>