[Python-Dev] Notice of intent: rich comparisons

Fred L. Drake fdrake at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Apr 22 16:47:35 CEST 1999

David Beazley writes:
 > Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've written nothing but ANSI C for the last
 > 8 years and have never had a problem compiling it on any machine.  I
 > don't see this as being a huge issue.

  Wasn't SunOS 4.x the problem child here?  There are still a lot of
people using these systems, for reasons that aren't clear to me.  (Did
support for some older hardware get dropped?  Sounds like the most
reasonable reason to use the old OS is legacy hardware.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>