[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Missing get0_signers in 0.17 and "header too long:asn1_lib.c" with 0.13 or 0.17 with p7m file

Marco Bizzarri m.bizzarri at ICUBE.IT
Tue Jan 23 07:44:20 CET 2007

Heikki Toivonen wrote:
> Marco Bizzarri wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry to post again on this topic. Reading from the changelog in
>> 0.17 I understand get0_signer has been removed since its implementation
>> was wrong. Is there any plan to re-add it soon? Otherwise, could someone
>> provide hints on how it should be reimplemented in order to obtain a
>> proper behaviour and not crashing python anymore?
>>

> I did some experimenting and here is how it's looking currently:
>
> I can make the code work by not freeing the returned X509 stack.
> However, this almost certainly makes the code leak memory.
>
> The problem with the free seems to be that we should be freeing the
> stack, but not the entries in the stack. Unfortunately the freeing
> function frees both. Maybe there is another version that only frees the
> stack?
>
> I haven't checked everything yet, but I can't spend more time on this at
> the moment
Can you only post the code on the ML or send it to me?

I will try to investigate starting from there...

Thanks for your support.

Regards
Marco