[python-committers] Comparison of the 7 governance PEPs

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 20:27:49 EST 2018

Hi Paul,

Le sam. 3 nov. 2018 à 11:55, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Currently, I feel like my only option is to abstain and hope - I don't
> have the time (or knowledge) to review, understand and assess the
> proposals well enough to make an informed vote, but I have no way of
> assessing the "expert opinions" of those who do, to allow me to make a
> broad judgement. Frankly, I feel pretty disenfranchised by the process
> at the moment.

I wrote a comparison and summary of the 7 governance PEPs for you :-)

https://discuss.python.org/t/comparison-of-the-7-governance-peps/392

WARNING: It is not always easy to extract the information and
summarize it, so it’s likely that I made mistakes.

Two weeks ago (October 24), Jake Edge wrote "Picking a governance
model for Python" on LWN: https://lwn.net/Articles/769178/ I didn't
publish the link earlier, since previously you required to have a LWN
account to read it (I do!).

Victor