[python-committers] I have blocked Wes Turner from the Python org on GitHub

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Sat Apr 1 04:17:27 EDT 2017

Le 01/04/2017 à 05:44, Raymond Hettinger a écrit :

> FWIW, this may just be his communication style that reflects his
tooling (probably emacs org-mode or some such) and his way of thinking
about problems.

It is most probably his communication style, as I have seen him act this
way on other mailing-lists.  I would add that IMHO it is not an
effective communication style: even though he posts lots of "content"
from a quantitative POV, the content is never exploitable as is as it
doesn't seem to ever come with an actual reasoning about the issue at hand.

I have sometimes been mildly annoyed by his posting style on MLs, and I
can imagine how it can become very annoying on a GitHub PR.

> Also,
if a real CoC issue does arise, I think any actions taken need to have
multiple assents from a group of decision makers rather than having one
person become a de-facto CoC czar with the power to banish people.

A big +1 to that.  Thanks for saying it.

Regards