[Python-buildbots] The process of adding my buildbot worker to the buildbot fleet

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 04:00:04 EST 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 14:34, Zachary Ware <zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 9:48 PM Xin, Peixing <Peixing.Xin at windriver.com> wrote:
> > Is public network IP required for the buildbot worker? Currently I am putting it inside my company's local network. Do I need to move it outside to expose it on the Internet directly?
>
> No public address necessary; all connections are initiated from the
> worker.  See https://devguide.python.org/buildworker/#required-ports
> for more (slightly but not substantially out-of-date) information
> about network configuration (in short, if you can reach the internet,
> don't worry about it :)).

Note though that it would still be good security practice to firewall
the buildbot away from the rest of your network such that it can
*only* reach the internet, and not the rest of your private intranet.

While the buildbots only run on commits that have been reviewed and
accepted by a core developer, there's always a chance of someone's
credentials getting compromised and problems being caused as a result.

Cheers,
Nick.