[Python-buildbots] Any advice for the good "size" of a Python buildbot worker?

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 09:06:05 EST 2019

Hi,

We would like to add more buildbot workers for test Python on Fedora
and RHEL, but I have no idea of the ideal "size" of a worker:

* Number of CPUs? I guess that 2 CPUs is nice but 4 or more is better?
* Memory size? At least 8 GB?
* Minimum storage? Logs are sent to the buildbot server, so there is
no much stored for long term, no? On my laptop, my python source
directory takes around 500 MiB including ".git" repository and object
files (.o, .so, python binary, etc.) with Python compiled in debug
mode (keep debug symbols) I would say that 10 GiB is nice, 20 GiB is
better?

Victor