ANN: Scopt - Python small ERP

gallas.robert at gmail.com gallas.robert at gmail.com
Wed May 8 22:15:11 CEST 2013

Hello,

I would like to introduce Scopt - Python ERP like project.

Project URL: http://code.google.com/p/scopt/
Project version: 0.0.005 - POC
Project license: Apache License 2.0 (License matrix is not finished yet.)

Project was started out as search for Java alternative in area of business
software development.

Project is divided into:
- Scopt - business Core(engine),
- Magua - referential GUI implementation
- TinyESB - mediation like engine and framework.

Architecture of solution is built on asynchronous message passing (mediation).

We try to make Scopt easy testable, client and transport layer agnostic with
flexible deployment model.

Technologies used:
Language - Python 2.7.3
DB abstraction - SQLAlchemy - core
DB - SQLite, (Oracle and PostgreSql will be supported)
HTTP connector - Tornado async web server.
GUI referential implementation is developed in Dojo. Android client is planned.

For now, main design is outlined and most of implementation details and API
are stabilized.

We learn Python as we code the project. Any comments on programming style,
or following python standards and idioms are welcomed.

Robert Gallas
gallas.robert at gmail.com

Python ERP like project  (09-May-2013)