[META] Usenet posting failures

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Apr 10 17:53:45 CEST 2009

Some posts to comp.lang.python.announce are not making it out to Usenet.
We're investigating why, but MIME seems to somehow be involved -- plain
text posts seem to work fine.

We will try to monitor and make sure that all submissions get to Usenet,
but we recommend that people who care check themselves by monitoring both
the newsgroup comp.lang.python.announce and the mailing list
python-list-announce or the p-l-a archive at mail.python.org (so far, all
posts have gotten to the mailing list).

If you don't see your post within a few hours of it showing up on the
list (or a couple of days if you're monitoring with Google Groups ;-),
please send e-mail to python-announce-list-owner at python.org

Why is this newsgroup different from all other newsgroups?