ANN: GrassyKnoll 0.3

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Mon Mar 10 15:11:34 CET 2008

I'm pleased to announce the 0.3 release of GrassyKnoll, a search engine
written in Python. This is an exploratory release - while fully functional,
it is not production ready.

http://grassyknoll.googlecode.com/

Going to Pycon?  I'll be giving a presentation on GrassyKnoll at the ChiPy
meeting Thursday night: http://us.pycon.org/2008/chicago/chipy/  We'll also be
sprinting.

Highlights
==========
 * Multiple storage options
 * Multiple networked frontends
 * Multiple wire formats
 * A clean, powerful data model
 * Lock-free concurrency
 * Extensive high-level & source code documentation
 * A large suite of unittests

Use Cases
=========
Grassyknoll can provide network-accessible search platform for applications
such as:
 * Site Search: provide "search this site" functionality on your website
 * Intranet Search: index all of your enterprise data
 * Desktop Search: simultaneously index and search your laptop's documents,
   emails, etc..
 * More!

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B