ANN: pylize 1.0b: online presentation generation tool

Christopher Arndt chris.arndt@web.de
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:46:50 +0200 (CEST)

WHAT IS IT?:

pylize is a Python script that generates a set of HTML files that make up
an on-screen presentation from a master file. The HTML files can be viewed
with any CSS-aware browser. The master file contains the text for all the
slides and some additional information like title, author etc. pylize can
also create a template master file for you.

PREREQUISITES:

    Python >= 2.0
    HTMLgen
    PIL (optional)

FEATURES:

    * generate a template master document
    * create a set of HTML slides from the master document
    * automatic creation of the table of contents
    * a nice CSS driven slide layout, including logo, navigation links,
      progress-bar etc.
    * easy changing of layout through templates
    * all information for a presentation in one master file, but
      configurable through a per-user options file
    * fully localized

HOMEPAGE/DOWNLOAD/DEMO:

    <http://www.chrisarndt.de/software/pylize/>

NOTES:

    This is the first public release. I have tried to write the script as
    portable as possible, but I have currently no access to a Windows or
    MAC OS environment. That's why this is a beta release. I would like to
    ask interested individuals to get and try the software on different
    platforms and inform me of any problems. Any other feedback is also
    always welcome!

AUTHOR:

    Christopher Arndt <chris.arndt@web.de>

CREDITS:

    pylize is a Python-clone of:

    PLies <http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin/presentations/XLSies_to_PLies/>
    by Dobrica Pavlinusic <dpavlin@rot13.org>

    which is in turn inspired by:

    XLies <http://lempinen.net/sami/xslies/>
    by Sami Lempinen

    and:

    W3C SlideMaker <http://www.w3.org/Talks/slidemaker/YYMMsub/>
    by Stephan Montigaud, Pierre Fillault <webreq@w3.org> and
    Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>

--
... cause we all have wings, but some of us don't know why! (INXS)

Christopher Arndt       [t] +49 173-9542751
system administration   [w] www.chrisarndt.de
& linux training        [e] chris.arndt@web.de