COMMERCIAL: ObjectDomain 2.5 (UML modeling tool)

Dan Snider dsnider@mindspring.com
Wed, 28 Jul 99 18:17:21 GMT

The final release of ObjectDomain 2.5 is now available! See download
information below.

Object Domain Systems unveils ObjectDomain 2.5, the latest version of our
flagship UML modeling tool. Implemented in pure Java, ObjectDomain provides
a scalable, multi-platform, user extendable CASE tool that redefines the
expectations of object modeling software.

NEW FEATURES:

  - Support for all nine UML diagrams backed by a true UML meta-model
  - Better performance with smaller memory footprint
  - Version control and multi-user support via file-based repository
  - HTML documentation and glossary generation for user models
  - Advanced model searching with regular expression support
  - Full round-trip for Java
  - Various UI enhancements

  Note: Some features may not be available in the standard edition.

FEATURES PREVIOUSLY INCLUDED:

  - Code generation and reverse engineering for Java, C++, and Python
  - Powerful diagramming with auto-layout, bezier curves, color support,
    stereotype icons, and extensive control of presentation aspects using
    "styles"
  - Intuitive user interface with switchable look-and-feel and theme
    support. Open architecture allows additional language support, user
    customization and third-party add-ins
  - Python scripting support with integrated command console
  - Interface features include multi-perspective browsing, unlimited
    undo/redo, and a diagram thumbnail view that allows panning and zooming

QUANTITY DISCOUNTS

  In addition to our standard quantity discount, we are also offering a
  special discount or the purchase of multiple copies. For further
  information call 919-461-4904.

OBJECTDOMAIN 2.6 WILL BE A FREE UPGRADE!

  Although the exact feature set is not finalized, we have committed to
  providing 2.6 as a FREE upgrade to 2.5. Features we plan for 2.6 include:

  - Round trip engineering for C++ (currently have round trip
    engineering for Java)
  - Full import/export Rational Rose model files
  - Support for Java 2 (previously known as Java 1.2)
  - Enhanced printing
  - Updated alignment UML 1.3
  - Various UI enhancements
  - IDL generation

Learn more about ObjectDomain 2.5:

  http://www.objectdomain.com/domain

Download ObjectDomain 2.5:

  http://www.objectdomain.com/odEvalUser

The ObjectDomain Development Team

Object Domain Systems Inc.
support@objectdomain.com
http://www.objectdomain.com

<P><A HREF="http://www.objectdomain.com">ObjectDomain 2.5</A> -
commercial UML modeling tool with Python scripting support.  (27-Jul-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------
Article Submission Address:  python-announce@python.org