[Python-3000] IDLE encoding setup

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Aug 12 09:08:04 CEST 2007

>     s = str(s, IOBinding.encoding)
> TypeError: decoding Unicode is not supported
>
> Hopefully MvL has a few minutes to revisit the IOBinding.py code which is
> setting IDLE's encoding.  I'm not sure how it should be configured.

This code was now bogus. In 2.x, the line read

      s = unicode(s, IOBinding.encoding)

Then unicode got systematically replaced by str, but so did the type of
s, and this entire block of code was now obsolete; I removed it in
56951.

I now get an IDLE window which crashes as soon as I type something.

Regards,
Martin