[Python-3000] Python 3000 and the Google Summer of Code

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 02:01:12 CEST 2006

On 4/16/06, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> again, if my host at Google wants me to spend my working hours being a
> good mentor I could possibly be convinced to make sure I get assigned
> one student (two turned out to be too much).  =)

I heard your host is a slave driver and an asshole.  You should start
getting some extra sleep now so you can work 200 hours a week during
the summer. Your first task will be to figure out how to find the
extra 32 hours for each week.  :-)

I think it's reasonable to take a couple hours here and there to help
mentor.  How much time did it take to mentor last year per student?
How could you do a better job (invest less time and get more out of
the student)?  ISTM like it's mostly just keeping in touch via email.