[pytest-dev] How can I suppress cleanups when a test fails

Eliot, Christopher christopher.eliot at nagrastar.com
Thu Apr 15 17:00:46 EDT 2021

Thank you.  This might be helpful, but I also have other resources that are not files that I would like to selectively clean up or not.  These resources are in a relational DB, not a file system.  And no, I can't just wrap everything in a big transaction and then roll it back, unfortunately.

Topher Eliot

From: Ronny Pfannschmidt <opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de>

Hi Christopher,

if you use the tmpdir/tmp_path fixtures pytest provides,
just don't do additional cleanup, pytest keeps the last 3 basetemps around precisely for that use-case and drops older ones

-- Ronny