[pytest-dev] t-shirts and stickers now out, thanks Florian!

Ronny Pfannschmidt opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de
Tue Oct 25 09:15:06 EDT 2016

Hi Holger, Florian and Regina,

*re-send due to earlier mistake*

great job, thanks to all of you who did the details and the followup
i cant wait to get mine as well

I would like to propose 2 potential uses for parts of the funds

a) preparing and planning much better connectivity for the next sprint,
    the venue was fabulous but i think the bad internet connection
    was a tax on productivity while hacking, ensuring good connectivity
    independent of the venue would enable us to keep using beautiful low
cost venues
    while not making the use of the services we grew accustomed to while
developing
    harder than necessary
b) sovereign build/ci infrastructure for both pytest* and tox*
    (*i* feel that travis&co are very limiting and actively
     prevent doing certain kinds of automation in a simple painless way,)
    however this is a larger topic i might not be able to address this
year to begin with

Given the funding volumes and used amounts,
i wonder if, with the funds that are left, we could have the next
sprints sponsored mostly by cooperates
next time,

I propose that those of us working in a company that could/should
participate kick off the
"paperwork mill" to see if that idea is viable.

-- Ronny