[pytest-dev] pytest sprint

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sun Mar 27 14:27:54 EDT 2016

Hi Sivan, all,

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 18:39 +0200, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> Hey Sivan,
>
> * Sivan Greenberg <sivan at vitakka.co> [2016-03-27 17:23:33 +0300]:
> >  Also, as I'm using pytest to test PyQt based mechanized browsers, I'd love
> > to see what work needs to be done to have something around that
> > standardized as well - namely, QApplication setup and teardown (modulescope
> > breaks its) and anything I can help off the list of items to work on from
> > the list.
>
> Oh, interesting! Do you have a link? I use pytest to test
> qutebrowser[1], which is my PyQt-based browser, so I'd be really
> interested in seeing how you approached this :)
>
> Have you seen pytest-qt[2]?
>
> [1] http://www.qutebrowser.org/
> [2] https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-qt
>
> >  I'll be coming from Tel Aviv, a flight to Frankfurt / Berlin would be
> > around 450$ or a bit less, Skyscanner does not show me how can one get from
> > Tel Aviv to Freiburg via air travel. Perhaps a train is needed? :) (Is
> > Freiburg in Switzerland , or ?.. A bit confused after my googling).

Sivan, are you stating the cost because you need funding for your travel?

So far i thought we would fund travel costs for contributors, i.e. people
who have submitted PRs and/or cared for pytest core or plugin development
in some ways.  However, I am open to consider providing some funds for newcomers.

> There is a Freiburg/Fribourg in Switzerland, but that's *not* where
> the sprint is. It's in "Freiburg im Breisgau" in the black forest
> (Schwarzwald) in southern Germany.
>
> However, swiss airports (Basel/Zurich) might be a good point to fly to
> and then take a train. Another possibility is flying to Frankfurt or
> Stuttgart and taking the train from there.
>
> Can you please add yourself to the sprints page?[3] However, the
> original deadline for this was 10 days ago, so I'm not sure how the
> planning is going on currently - Holger will have to comment on that.

> [3] https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/wiki/sprint2016

FWIW, i plan to fix the sprint location till wednesday. It's likely
going to be a bit on the outskirts but it will be within a 5 minute
train reach from the main station. Therefore going for accomodation in
the city center is perfectly fine. More infos later in the week,
just arrived back from a little vacation.