[py-dev] pytest documents with Japanese translation

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Thu Jun 7 19:29:05 CEST 2012

Hi Tetsuya, Ronny,

i created a preliminary http://pytest.org/latest-ja, it is online now!

i tried to fix regendocs - i pushed a commit which
should handle encoding more correctly.  But there is a new problem.
I think you translated the directive "# content of PATH" which regendoc
uses to create files - so regendoc gets problems there. Not sure
what's the best way to fix it.

I also changed the way docs are versioned: en/conf.py and ja/conf.py
now contain a more fine grained version which can diverge according
to translation/documentation status.  Currently the en/conf.py
has two more examples (i added them the last two days) and the
version 2.2.4.1 whereas the ja/conf.py has 2.2.4.0 which still
strictly relates to the docs at 2.2.4 release time.

Tetsuya, if you want to be able to commit/push to doc/ja/*
i can happily add you.  I'd also like to eventually allow
you to push the japanese docs yourself or have some automated
way. We should also think about creating a Japenese PDF
(see the latestpdf target in the makefile).

best,
holger