[pydotorg-www] Expired events on https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonTraining/Events

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Sep 27 04:51:46 EDT 2016

On 27.09.2016 01:43, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Chuck Siu <chuck at academyx.com> wrote:
>> While adding our event to https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonTraining/Events
>> , I noticed that there are a lot of expired events on the page.  Is it okay
>> for me to delete them so that users will only be presented with upcoming
>> events?
>
> Cc'ing the list in. I'm not entirely sure; some of them quite probably
> recur periodically, and the links will continue to be good. In theory,
> they should just quietly fall to the bottom of the page. But if some
> of them have dead links, then yes, I'd say they can be removed.
>
> But someone else will know better than I do.

The table is sorted ascending by date, so having passed entries
in the table causes outdated entries to stay at the top.

I think it's fine to clear out outdated entries. Alternatively,
these could be moved to a new table at the bottom of the page.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Sep 27 2016)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/