[PyConUK-adm-priv] Cardiff Conference Wireless

Zeth Green zeth at infomachine.uk
Thu Jun 9 19:08:40 EDT 2016

If we turn out to be loaded, then buy all means lets blow it on wifi.
However, if there a choice between funding content or tracks like
Transcode/Djangogirls or more financial support.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 11:28 PM, Peter Inglesby
<peter.inglesby at gmail.com> wrote:
> upset some people.  In particular, not everyone will have phone contracts

Well that is why take some dongles for those people.

> with enough of a data allowance for, say, downloading large packages from
> PyPI.  (The scipy wheel, for instance, is ~40MB.)

However, on the particular point of PyPi, we can take it with us to
Wales. There are lots of these mirror things, I don't know if this is
the current trendy.

http://doc.devpi.net/latest/index.html
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0381/

Even if we do the satellites etc, this might be a good idea anyway.