[Pycon-openspaces] Wagtail install party

Vince Salvino salvino at coderedcorp.com
Fri Jan 18 18:33:59 EST 2019

Hello - I would like to organize a "Wagtail install party" a.k.a. "Build your first website with python" open space.

Wagtail (https://wagtail.io) has a pretty thriving and fast growing community, many of whom will be at pycon. In addition to that, it is very beginner-friendly python software for building websites (large or small) - almost like a python WordPress alternative.

The plan is to have experienced wagtail devs help beginners learn and launch their first python-based website at the open space. If possible, I'd like to allocate two consecutive time slots, but realize this might not be possible. Either way, if we can secure a "reservation" to help spread the work that would be a big help! We will also list our open space on https://www.wagtail.space/ to help promote pycon and encourage attendance.

Logistically, I would like to make it a true "party" by bringing light snacks, balloons, and a birthday cake. The conference facility hopefully won't mind as this will be a small amount provided by attendees, no sponsorship, hot food, catering, or anything like that. Nothing that can't be carried in a box through the door.

Open space info:

Name: Wagtail install party

Let me know if there are any questions. I really hope we can pull this off! Would be a big help to be "sanctioned" by pycon.

Vince Salvino

CodeRed, LLC
55 Public Sq Ste 1710, Cleveland OH
www.coderedcorp.com