[PSF-Community] Opening MicroPython on the BBC micro:bit

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Wed Oct 21 01:17:16 CEST 2015

Hi Carol,

Please see my answers in-line below.

On 20/10/15 21:31, Carol Willing wrote:
> Nicholas,
>
> That's wonderful news! Thank you for your advocacy for education. It's
> great to see the announcement.

Thank you. Here's hoping we can pull it off for the kids who'll get the
device in the spring (including my own 11yo son).

> I have a few of the older MicroPython boards and MicroPython has really
> evolved since then. Well done Damien and MicroPython community.

Damien is one of the most talented developers I've ever had the pleasure
to work with. Seriously clever code has gone into making MicroPython
work on the micro:bit.

> If there is anything that I can do to help with getting ready for the
> micro:bit rollout, please let me know.

I'm guessing you're based in the USA. I'd love to know how best to get
educators from your side of the pond interested in MicroPython / micro:bit.

Comments, thoughts, ideas, introductions, whatever... most warmly received.

Looking forward to hearing more... ;-)

N.