[portland] [JOB] Python Developer

Joe Lewis robotbill at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 16:00:15 EST 2016

Hi John,

Just so you know, we're still looking for a pizza sponsor for this month's
presentation night on Thursday. In exchange for Pizza we'll tweet about you
and give you 5 minutes to talk to the audience about your company and the
open position.

If this interests you, please let me know. We'd very much appreciate it.
I've included our full sponsorship blurb below for your information.

Thanks,
Joe

Thank you for your interest in the Portland Python User Group!

We're a group of ~1600 Python developers in Portland who meet twice a month
to share ideas, discuss projects, and hack together. Our event calendar can
be found on Meetup at: http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/. Sponsoring our
group is an excellent way of connecting with the Python community in
Portland.

The most common type of sponsorship is the support of a single meeting with
food. Hot Lips Pizza is a favorite, and costs roughly $7/head, with a usual
turn out of 30-50 Pythonistas per meeting. However, it's important to note
that this can vary quite a bit - we've had more than 80 members at a
sponsored event in the past! The quantity of food needed is determined the
morning of the scheduled meeting based on the RSVP numbers. I would email
you around noon the day of the meeting with the final RSVP count, then
you'd take charge of ordering the pizza and having it delivered to the
meeting.

In exchange for supporting a meeting, we offer:

   -

   Acknowledgement in all promotional materials about the sponsored
   meeting, including tweets, blog posts and mailing list announcements
   -

   A logo, link, and blurb of your choice on our Meetup site, which shall
   remain for 3 months
   -

   Acknowledgement and thanks during the opening announcements of the
   sponsored meeting
   -

   3-5 minutes at the beginning of the sponsored meeting to speak to the
   group about your organization
   -

   An invitation to bring your organization's swag and promotional
   materials to make available at the sponsored meeting
   -

   An invitation to join our post-meeting social hour and network with
   members

A this time donations to The Portland Python User Group are not
tax-deductible, but we are working with the Python Software Foundation to
coordinate taking donations under the umbrella of their 501(c)(3)
designation.

Please feel free to get in touch if you'd like to discuss sponsoring one of
our meetings, or supporting our group in another way.