[portland] Want to teach Python to kids in Greater Portland?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 02:35:21 CET 2015

I've taught Python through Saturday Academy in various ways and have grown
as a teacher as a result.

There's nothing like the reality check of real kids in a real classroom.
As a veteran of this program, I'd be happy to offer advice / coaching to
anyone taking the position or having questions about my experience.  Feel
free to pass this on to others you thing might be interested / qualified.

Here's a blurb on the position (temporary):

===

Come share your expertise with youth in your community. Saturday Academy is
looking for programming instructors.

We build classes around the instructor's expertise and schedule.

Our classes are small (10-12 students), hands-on, and instructors can
choose the grade range they are most comfortable teaching.

Classes are held all over the Portland, Beaverton and Hillsboro area.

Saturday Academy hires on a temporary, part-time basis and we do background
check as adults are left alone with students.

If you are interested in learning more about teaching for Saturday Academy
please contact Eloise Koehler at eloise at Saturdayacademy.org and check out
our website at

<http://www.saturdayacademy.org/more/be-an-instructor>

http://www.saturdayacademy.org/more/be-an-instructor

 ===