[Overload-sig] where does everything sit?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 29 17:31:33 EDT 2016

On 07/29/2016 01:35 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> In the meantime, I'm CC'ing Mark Sapiro who can provide more detail on the
> operational aspects of Mailman 3 on python.org infrastructure.

Mailman 3 is operational on python.org. The web UI, Postorius and
HyperKitty, is at <https://mail.python.org/mm3/>.

There are currently 5 lists:

> List name 	Post address 	Description
> GeoPython-Organizers 	geopython-organizers at python.org 	Organisation of the yearly GeoPython Conference
> GeoPython 	geopython at python.org 	GeoPython Discussions - general discussions about Python & Geo
> MM3_test 	mm3_test at python.org 	Mailman 3 test list
> Overload-sig 	overload-sig at python.org 	Overload SIG: discussion of ways to improve discourse on Python development channels
> SwissPythonSummit 	swisspythonsummit at python.org 	Discussions about the yearly Python conference in Switzerland

MM3_test is my playground. Overload-sig was set up to migrate the
Mailman 2.1 list of the same name, but this hasn't been done yet -
Postfix is setup so if there is both an MM 3 list and an MM 2.1 list
with the same name, mail is delivered to the 2.1 list.

The other 3 lists are actual lists requested by people who were willing
to try Mailman 3. The GeoPython list has over 60 members and archived posts.

> From a project perspective, as I mentioned previously, our big hangup right
> now is migrating away from Mozilla's soon to be decommissioned Persona
> project, to django-social-auth.  My understanding is that branches are in
> progress there (it's one of the big blockers for MM3.1).

That of course affects the python.org installation. I am going to try to
add both GitHub and GitLab as additional OAuth2 providers. Currently we
have only Google and Facebook. Yahoo works, but I won't make it
available until we get some DMARC mitigations for MM 3. Twitter is
problematic - they will authenticate you but don't give us your email
address.

Note that I will be on a back country hiking trip from August 5 - 16 and
will be totally off-line for most of that time.