[omaha] Meeting topics? Twisted anyone?

Eli Criffield elicriffield at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 21:38:12 CEST 2007

Hi.

I have a request for a future meeting topic. Anyone using twisted, and
would be willing to do a spread the knowledge?

I'd love to see meetings about web frameworks/Content Managment
systems too, like Zope/Plone, Django, or Turbogears from anyone using
those.

I'd be willing to do a presentation on the libraries i use enough to
know pretty well.

pyprocps, for displaying getting information about a process. I wrote this.

BeutifullSoup, for parsing web pages and extracting information. I use
this in my Sipie app for parsing sirius web interface to online
streaming and presenting it in a much simpler interface that works on
Linux.

wxGlade, is an app for making cross platform gui interfaces using the
wx library. I've used it for very simple interfaces (like Sipie). If
you have no idea how to make a gui, i could give a 20min example of
where to start. Any gui writing experts out there want to give a full
tutorial on any of the gui libraries?

Eli Criffield