[Numpy-discussion] F2PY error : ... on platform 'posix' with 'gcc' compiler

Arthur Bousquet arthbous at indiana.edu
Fri Sep 25 14:43:21 EDT 2009

Thank you a lot for your help. So I deleted as you said, but then I do with
--enable-framework for python, at the make there is an error :

ln -fsn 2.6 Python.framework/Versions/Current
ln -fsn Versions/Current/Python Python.framework/Python
ln -fsn Versions/Current/Headers Python.framework/Headers
ln -fsn Versions/Current/Resources Python.framework/Resources
gcc  -u _PyMac_Error Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python -o python.exe \
            Modules/python.o \
             -ldl
ld: warning: in Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python, file is not of
required architecture
Undefined symbols:
  "_PyMac_Error", referenced from:
  "_Py_Main", referenced from:
      _main in python.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [python.exe] Error 1

Do you know why I have this ? And also does "export
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6" is necessary ?

- Arthur