[Numpy-discussion] F2PY error : ... on platform 'posix' with 'gcc' compiler

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 14:22:25 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 13:02, Arthur Bousquet <arthbous at indiana.edu> wrote:
> I got :
>
> Arths-MacBook-Pro:~ arthbous$ python2.6
> ActivePython 2.6.2.2 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
> Python 2.6.2 (r262:71600, Apr 24 2009, 21:40:46)
> [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5250)] on darwin
> '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python'
>
> This is weird because when I compiled numpy, I used
> "/usr/local/bin/python2.6 setup.py build" and
> "sudo /usr/local/bin/python2.6 setup.py install".
> How can I get rid of all the other python ?

Be aware that the framework version of Python will make the symbolic
link /usr/local/bin/python2.6 to point to its own executable. If you
are sure that you do not need ActiveState's Python, delete the
directory /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/ and delete
/usr/local/bin/python and /usr/local/bin/python2.6 and re-install your
version into /usr/local again.

However, I do recommend using a framework build of Python in order to
be the most compatible with everything. In that case, delete the
things above and also delete the Python files from /usr/local/ and
build your Python using --enable-framework.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco