[Numpy-discussion] defmatrix move - new docstrings disappeared

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Sep 17 13:56:03 EDT 2009

to, 2009-09-17 kello 18:19 +0200, Scott Sinclair kirjoitti:
[clip]
> It's probably important that the documentation patches should be
> committed pretty soon after being reviewed for obvious malicious code
> and marked "OK to Apply". It's possible to edit docstrings that are
> marked as "OK to apply", without this flag being removed.

If that's possible, then it's a bug. But I don't see how that can happen
-- do you have an example how to do this kind of edits that don't reset
the ok_to_apply flag?

> If none of the current commiters have time to commit doc patches on
> demand, then perhaps it makes sense to give commit access to someone
> working actively on the documentation (Ralf, DavidG ?). This could be
> on the understanding that only doc patches would be commited by this
> person.
>
> It's always going to be a lot of work when we let the trunk and
> doc-editor get too far out of sync.

The work scales linearly with the size of the diff to SVN, so it's not
extremely bad. Of course, it's a bit of a work to go through hundreds of
potential docstrings in one sitting.

--
Pauli Virtanen