[Numpy-discussion] Backout complex changes for next release?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 03:43:58 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> There seems to be a rat's nest of problems showing up in scipy due to the
> recent changes in numpy complex support. The problems are of two basic
> sorts: 1) reserved name conflicts and 2) file conflicts. The first could be
> dealt with, but the second might be trickier, both c/c++ defined complex.h
> but the files are different. C++ has moved on, but not all platforms seem to
> have followed.

The solution for 2 is easy: I should not have included complex.h in
the public headers. I don't think you can include complex.h in C++
without causing trouble.

The scipy C++ code will need to be fixed to avoid using reserved
names, but that should not be difficult,

David