[Numpy-discussion] Backout complex changes for next release?

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 17:12:52 EST 2009

There seems to be a rat's nest of problems showing up in scipy due to the
recent changes in numpy complex support. The problems are of two basic
sorts: 1) reserved name conflicts and 2) file conflicts. The first could be
dealt with, but the second might be trickier, both c/c++ defined complex.h
but the files are different. C++ has moved on, but not all platforms seem to
have followed. Given the proposed schedule for the next numpy release and
the developing problems, it seems to me we should back out the changes to
complex support and concentrate on more pressing matters.

Chuck