[Numpy-discussion] Cython headers in numpy include

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 19:18:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

> Cython looks in the include_dirs for .pxd files, right? Then yes, I
> would support putting them alongside arrayobject.h.

Yes, right - Fernando just pointed me to the reference - quoting him:

"As indicated here:

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Pyrex/version/Doc/Manual/sharing.html#mozTocId559554

the search path for 'cimport foo' to find foo.pxd is the -I search
path of the compiler"

> If possible, we
> should be careful to make sure that the .pxds work with Pyrex, too. I
> got burned recently by a change to .pxd semantics in Pyrex 0.9.8, so
> this could be tricky.

I don't have deep enough understanding of the differences to give a
reliable answer as to whether this is practical.  If it wasn't
practical, we could either standardize to Cython, or (less likely
surely) Pyrex, or have two sets of pxd files,

Matthew