[Numpy-discussion] "import numpy" is slow

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 1 19:18:24 EDT 2008

Robert Kern wrote:
> File/Save As..., pick a file name. When asked about whether to embed
> source files or strip them out, choose Strip. Then email the resulting
> .mshark file to me.

I've done that, and sent it to you directly -- it's too big to put in
the mailing list.

> It looks like your Python just takes a truly inordinate amount of time
> to execute any code. Some of the problematic modules like httplib have
> been moved to local imports, but the time it takes for your Python to
> execute the code in that module is still ridiculously large. Can you
> profile just importing httplib instead of numpy?

I've got to go catch a bus now, and I don't have a Mac at home, so this
will have to wait 'till next Monday -- thanks for all your time on this.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov