Should numpy.sqrt(-1) return 1j rather than nan?

David Goldsmith David.L.Goldsmith at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 12 21:34:09 EDT 2006

I find that acceptable for my purposes, but is there some way we can
minimize the "surprise(s)"  for newbies?  (I know some suggestions have
been put forward in this thread, but I don't know enough to cast a vote
one way or another for any of those, just a vote for "please do it".)
And, in closing, I too would like to: thank you very much for all your
work - despite my "emotional outburst," I am generally very happy using
numpy and regard it as an excellent product.

DG