[Numpy-discussion] Guide to NumPy latest?

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Sat May 20 07:23:01 EDT 2006

On Sat, 20 May 2006, Sven Schreiber apparently wrote:
> I would also kindly like to ask why nobody (?) gets the
> updates of the numpy book. I am totally in favor of the
> idea to raise funds by selling good documentation, but the
> deal was to get the updates when they come out.

While you are phrasing this fairly politely, I think you
should not *assume* you have not gotten your most recent
"update".  Rather you should ask: what is the definition of
an "update"?  You seem to be defining it by the date on the
title page, but that need not be Travis's definition.  (I
would agree that he could reduce some traffic on this list
by clarifying that, perhaps by versioning the book.)

Personally, I do not care to receive a copy each time a few
typos are corrected or some grammar is changed.  I'd rather
receive a copy each time there are important additions or
corrections.  I assume that this is Travis's practice.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac